PLEASE READ – Before reviewing the information below, please refer to your benefit plan/benefits administrator to confirm if you have access to the Employee and Family Assistance program.
The EFAP program is a confidential service within the limits of the law, AMANS, NSFM or your Municipality will not know you accessed the service unless you choose to share that information.
The Employee and Family Assistance Program (by LifeWorks, formerly Morneau Shepell) provides a variety of services to support you across all dimensions of health (physical, mental, workplace, financial and social). As part of the Municipal Wellness Program’s commitment to supporting and working with Municipalities, ensuring you have the resources available to help you achieve your personal health goals, we encourage you to learn more below on how the EFAP program can support you and your family members.
Accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:
When calling the EFAP number, you will be connected with a client care representative who can help direct you to the best confidential service for you and your concerns.
How do I know if EFAP is the right support for me?
A large misconception is that we must be experiencing a crisis in order to reach out to EFAP. EFAP is designed to support you at any point on your wellness journey, from prevention to intervention, and can help you:
- Develop new, positive habits
- Focus on personal growth
- Work through complex emotions
- Seek clarity in some areas of life
- Challenge negative thinking patterns
- Learn new techniques to cope with difficult situations
Face-to-face Telephonic Video Text Based
Address your physical health concerns with support from a Registered Nurse or Dietitian.
- Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, migraines, asthma, allergies, weight management, healthy eating, smoking cessation and exercise
Receive consultations from financial experts who can advise on the following financial matters:
- Credit/debt management, budgeting, bankruptcy, financial aspects of separation/divorce, insurance, income tax planning and retirement planning
Provides help with finding the child and eldercare resources:
- Daycare centres, after school programs, special needs programs, home care services, long term care, caregiver support groups, adoption, and new parent supports
Get access to short-term professional support from a Masters level clinician for personal, emotional and mental health related concerns:
- Stress, resiliency, communication, bullying/harassment, depression, anxiety, burnout, addiction, grief, anger and conflict
Receive consultations with legal experts who can support you with the following:
- Family law, landlord and tenant issues, separation/divorce, custody and child support, wills, and estate planning
- Referrals to professional lawyers for on-going legal support is available.