The Municipal Wellness Program offers The Working Mind (TWM) training to all municipal managers and employees
The Working Mind (TWM) is an education-based program designed to address and promote mental health and reduce the stigma of mental illness in a workplace setting.
This training is aimed to:
- Improve short-term performance and long-term mental health outcomes.
- Reduce barriers to care and encourage early access to care.
- Provide the tools and resources required to manage and support employees who may be experiencing a mental illness.
- Assist supervisors in maintaining their own mental health as well as promoting positive mental health in their employees.
The Municipal Wellness program has partnered with The GoodLife Corporate team to offer municipal employees a savings off a regular membership offered at the club.
- Access to over 280+ GoodLife Fitness Clubs across Canada including guest access to 24 Hour Fitness in the USA
- World-renowned group exercise programs
- Professionally trained staff who assist you in achieving your goals
- Complimentary towel service (where available)
- Child minding (optional fee, where available)
- Corporate rate extended to up to 4 family members once employee corporate membership is established
Benefits of Physical Activity:
- Increased energy
- Reduction of physical and mental strain
- Reduced risk of heart disease, stroke, diabetes, obesity and certain cancers
- Improved self confidence
My Good Health is an online wellness portal and health risk assessment (HRA) that provides interactive health tools as well as extensive health and wellness information. The website provides evidence-based Canadian content developed by an integrated team of health professionals.
My Good Health provides comprehensive health resources. The portal’s interactive HRA tool offers individually tailored programs and guides to help individuals create and maintain a path to healthier living.
Some of the features of My Good Health include:
- Health risk assessment.
- Medications library.
- Healthy living resources.
- Health calculators and guides.
- Symptom tracker, self-care and screening health tools.
- Canada-wide community support directory.
- Diseases and health conditions library.
- Diagnostic tests and procedures library.
- Natural health products library.
- Daily news updates and monthly e-newsletters.
My Good Health is available to all Group and Individual Medavie Blue Cross plan members and their dependents over 18 years of age.
Members will need to enter their information from their Medavie Blue Cross ID card. Once the member has registered, they can create a username and password for future visits.
Fitness Coach Connects is designed to help you understand and improve your physical and mental health with fitness. Benefits of a good fitness routine include stress management, improved immune system and overall mental health.
Fitness coach connects consists of three components:
- A physical health assessment online.
- Interactive online program.
- Trackable one-on-one sessions with a coach.
This coaching team can work with any type of smart device to make sure participants’ activities and progress are tracked on their favorite device. A key component of Fitness Coach Connects is the website, designed to help you succeed with the following:
- Interactive dashboard to track and view progress.
- Trackers for physical activity, nutrition and weight.
- Goal setting.
- Challenges you can complete to reach your goals.
- Library of helpful articles on fitness, weight management, nutrition and more.
- A thought journal to note your successes, struggles and questions for your coach.