Wellness Day BINGO Challenge
We are launching a Wellness BINGO Challenge to kickstart our celebration of Municipal Wellness Day! The Wellness BINGO card is full of a variety of health and wellness activities for you to complete.
HOW TO PLAY
- Date: May 17-28, 2021
- Register for the challenge using the link below. Registration closes on May 14th.
- Participants will have to complete one of the following:
- Full Card (all squares completed)
- Two lines (horizontal and/or vertical)
Optional: We encourage you to take pictures of the activities you have completed and post/tag us on social media @municipalwellness. Your pictures could help encourage others to participate.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE:
- We are encouraging family members, or bubbles to participate. They must also sign up through the registration form (linked below).
- We will draw one name from each category (Full card, X, Two Lines). Winners will be announced on June 4th and prizes will be mailed directly to you. Prizes range from grocery gift cards to Yeti cups.
- When you have completed the challenge, email your completed BINGO Card to by June 3rd, 2021, and your name will be entered into the prize draw.
Move More Challenge
May 21st- July 30th, 2021
How it works:
- Use the link below to register as an individual or team
- Individuals: For every “marathon distance” (42km) you complete, your name will be entered for a prize draw. The more mileage you do, the better your chances of winning!
- Teams of no more than 8 people (team members can be co-workers, family members or bubbles)
- We plugged 23 municipalities of Nova Scotia into a map and the result is 1,820km. Your team challenge is to do a combined 1,820km by July 30, 2021 (ten weeks)
- Team Captains should submit weekly team totals by Mondays to
- Teams that complete the challenge will be entered for more prize draws
- If your teammates slack, don’t worry, your mileage will still be submitted as an individual entry?
- We recommend people download the FREE Strava app on their personal device – this easily records distance and gives you and your team members the ability to follow one another and provide encouragement. If you already use a particular tracking device (Fitbit, etc.), that’s fine too.
- Tracking sheets will be provided
- Teams: Who finishes, gets entered into a team draw for gift cards (fitness or nutrition related).
- Individuals: Every time an individual completes 42kms they are entered into a prize draw for Yeti cups and gift cards (fitness or nutrition related).
Registration: The deadline to register is May 19th. Details and the tracking sheets will be released on May 20th.
- I wear a fitness tracker – can I just convert my daily steps into kilometers? While it’s great to accumulate daily steps, this virtual trek is about adding regular exercise to your life and getting back to the basics - to get outside for a walk, run, bike ride or stroll in your wheelchair.
- But on rainy days or when I’m stuck at home with my kids, I use my treadmill/elliptical – can I count those kilometers?! Yes, of course – we aren’t that strict!
- My colleague cycles and I just walk – he accumulates distance so much faster than me! We understand – for this reason, 2km cycling will equal 1km for the trek, in order to make it more ever.